Welcome to the RIML Website. Please find below the information about the Terms and Conditions of Use.
I. COMPANY INFORMATION
Welcome to the internet Website (" Web Site ") designed and published by ROLAND ITEN MECHANICAL LUXURY SA (hereinafter referred to as "RIML") a company having offices at 68 ROUTE DE LAUSANNE, CH 1052 LE MONT SUR LAUSANNE, Vaud, SWITZERLAND and registered on the Register du Commerce du Canton de Vaud.
CAROL GALIANO – Director of Communication – Tel. + 0041 21 862 1841
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting: Hosting of our Website is shared between our facilities in Le Mont, Switzerland, dellarocreative in Nyon and MAC WEB in Schaffhausen.
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Use of this Web Site is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). RIML may revise these Terms from time to time by updating this posting, with the revised Terms taking effect for all Users as of the date stated on the posting. Consequently, Users should consult the Terms regularly.
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Web Site. Users expressly acknowledge that they are aware of these Terms and have had access to the same upon entering the Web Site. Consequently, by using the Web Site, Users signify their assent and agreement to these Terms. If User does not agree to these Terms, then User is not authorised to continue consultation and access of the Web Site.
1. Use of Materials on this Web Site – RIML has created this Web Site to provide information about its company and products for Users' personal use. Users may download one computer copy or print one copy of the material on this Web Site for their own non-commercial, educational, private or domestic use only, provided that proprietary notices, in particular intellectual property notices such as copyright ©, trademarkTM are preserved in tact and are not modified, deleted or changed. Unless otherwise stated, Users should assume that everything they see or read on the Web Site (such as images, photographs, including any person represented in the photographs, illustrations, icons, texts, video clips, written and other materials) ("RIML Material") are protected by legislation such as copyright, designs and trademark legislation and under international treaty provisions and national laws worldwide.
Users are not authorised to sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, report or otherwise prepare derivative or second hand works based on or use any RIML Material in any way for any public or commercial purposes. Furthermore, RIML Material may not be displayed or communicated on any other web site, in a networked computer environment or other digital support for any purpose whatsoever. In the event of breach of any of these Terms, Users' permission to use RIML Material will automatically terminate and any copies made of RIML Material must be immediately destroyed. Any unauthorised use of RIML Material may infringe copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
2. Users' Submissions – Any unsolicited communication or material Users transmit to RIML via the Web Site, by electronic mail or otherwise, excluding Personal Information about themselves, including, but not limited to, any data, questions or answers, comments, suggestions, or the like will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by RIML. By sending communications to RIML, Users automatically grant RIML a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display such communication(s) alone, or as a part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known of hereafter developed and to sublicense such rights to anyone. Anything Users transmit may be used by RIML and its affiliated companies for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting, or developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
Furthermore, RIML enjoys a worldwide reputation for both the design and manufacture of high quality mechanical accessories. To this end, it possesses its own sources of creativity who conceive and perfect RIML's creations. As a result, RIML cannot agree to or accept being the receiver of unsolicited proposals of collaboration. Indeed, it is conceivable that RIML may already be working on similar ideas. Consequently, Users are advised that RIML is not interested in receiving ideas or other proposals they may wish to submit.
4. Note to children – Children under the age of 18 should not send any information about themselves or their friends and should not register for any of the RIML on-line services nor should they make requests to receive further information from RIML by clicking consent or request buttons on the Web Site. Should We discover or be informed that a child has registered his/her or another child's personal details, We will delete such information from our records.
5. Note to parents – RIML will not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you, as a parent or legal guardian are concerned that your child has registered for one of our services, wish to cancel your child's registration and have all details deleted, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or write to us at the following address providing official documents proving parental or guardian status: Data Protection, RIML, 68 ROUTE DE LAUSANNE, CH 1052 LE MONT SUR LAUSANNE, Vaud, SWITZERLAND
Any personally identifiable information such as your name, address, contact numbers and preferences etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") you make available to RIML is done so voluntarily, with your knowledge and consent when making a request, submission or registration for services from RIML. Registration forms contain both mandatory fields (indicated with an asterisk (*)) and non-mandatory fields; if you choose not to complete the mandatory fields then RIML may not be able to respond to your request or activate your option choices.
Requests for information made by telephone may be recorded for quality control and to ensure the accuracy of your Personal Information.
Personal Information provided to us will be made available for joint use by duly authorised RIML personnel in Switzerland, its subsidiary and/or affiliate companies worldwide, its Customer Relations management agencies in particular in the USA and occasionally to other persons or companies who carry out operations in relation to its business. Some of our business partners are located outside Switzerland and consequently your Personal Information may be imported to Switzerland or transferred abroad. However, all such persons/companies are subject to confidentiality agreements and to the strict respect of your privacy in accordance with applicable legislation. The Personal Information made available by you will be used to provide the requested services and may be used both for marketing research purposes relating to RIML's business and to provide information to you relating to its products and events.
Other than as stated above, RIML will not use your Personal Information for unsolicited communications. We do not sell, rent or otherwise make available any Personal Information submitted to us to any third parties unless it is to our business partners, our legal advisors or where so required by law or a court decision. RIML will use its best endeavours to ensure that such data is kept secure at all times.
In all cases and on request, RIML will remove your Personal Information from its database thereby cancelling your registration to any of the RIML services. You are also advised that upon written request you may inspect your Personal Information and/or request that information about you be corrected, amended or deleted.
All requests relating to your Personal Information as well as any request to cancel your registration for services offered by RIML can be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Data Protection – Roland Iten Mechanical Luxury SA, Route de Lausanne 68, CH 1052 Le Mont sur Lausanne, Switzerland.
From time to time, RIML may amend this Privacy Statement in accordance with modified legislative obligations and RIML's business objectives. Our Privacy Statement can be consulted at any time from our Web Site at www.rolanditen.com.
Our main database is managed and located at dellarocreative in Nyon, Switzerland. Our Privacy Statement is exclusively governed by the laws of Switzerland without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. The competent courts in Lausanne, Switzerland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any differences or disputes arising out of or in connection with our Privacy Statement.
RIML trusts that its Privacy Statement demonstrates its commitment to managing your Personal Information in accordance with current legislative obligations in such a way as to fully protect your privacy.
6. Disclaimer – The information on the Web Site is intended for general information purposes only. RIML tries to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete. However, RIML does not warrant or represent that RIML Material is accurate, error-free or reliable or that use of RIML Material will not infringe rights of third parties. Use of the Web Site is at Users' risk.
RIML does not warrant that the functional and/or technical aspects of the Web Site or the RIML Material will be error free or that this Web Site, RIML Material or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. If use of this Web Site, or RIML Material results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, RIML is not responsible for those costs. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Web Site is provided to Users "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. RIML and its suppliers make no warranties about the RIML Material, software text, downloads, graphics, and links, or about results to be obtained from using the Web Site. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, consequently some of the above exclusions may not apply.
7. Trademark Notice – In general, all trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") that appear on this Web Site are registered, unregistered or otherwise protected RIML trademarks or are licensed for use by RIML by third parties. Other trademarks are proprietary marks and are registered to their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Web Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this Web Site without RIML's prior written permission of or such third party who owns the trademark. Misuse of any trademark displayed on the Web Site, or any other content on the Web Site, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
8. Copyright Notice – All contents of this Web Site are either Copyright © RIML 2008 or are licensed for use by RIML. All rights reserved. Please refer to the section of these Terms on Use of Materials on this Web Site above.
9. Links & Linking – Links to other web sites operated by third parties not affiliated to RIML may be indicated on the Web Site. The inclusion of any link to such third party sites does not imply endorsement by RIML of those sites. RIML has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Web Site. Linking to any other off-site pages or third sites is at Users' own risk.
RIML does not authorise linking to its Web Site from a third party web site without its prior written authorisation.
10. Termination – Users agree that RIML may terminate Users' access to and use of the Web Site if RIML reasonably believes that Users have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement, or violated the rights of RIML or any third party, or for any reason with or without notice to User. Users agree that RIML may modify or discontinue this Web Site, with or without notice to them. Users agree that RIML will not be liable to them or any third party as a result of such modification or discontinuation. The provisions entitled "Disclaimer," "Limitation of Liability," and "General Provisions" will survive termination of these Terms.
11. Limitation of Liability – Under no circumstances whatsoever shall RIML be liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with the use of information available from this Web Site whether direct or indirect including, without limitation, any liability relating to any loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits or lost data, or incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if RIML has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not be operable.
12. General Provisions – Unless otherwise specified, the information and materials in the site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting the products and services of RIML. RIML makes no representation that RIML Material is appropriate or available for use in every country of the world. Users use this Web Site at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, keeping in mind that access to RIML Material may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. Our products are available in many parts of the world. However, this Web Site may describe products that are not available worldwide. Any cause of action a User may have with respect to this Web Site must be commenced within two years after the claim or cause of action arises.
13. Applicable law and Jurisdiction – These Terms shall be exclusively governed by the laws of Switzerland without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. The competent courts in Lausanne, Switzerland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any differences or disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms. The waiver by RIML of a breach of any provision of these Terms will not operate to be interpreted as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
Date of Posting: December 2008